Live chats are consistently the most popular part of the event – for students, for scientists, and even for teachers!
They are fun and give immediate contact between scientists and students. Students realise scientists are ‘real people’ and feel connected to them. Many teachers tell us that quieter students are more active in live chats than face to face and it can be an interesting change to class dynamics.
To ensure the scientists aren’t completely overworked by the live chats, we’ve set a few guidelines:
- We’ll give every class one 30 minute chat.
- We find that 30 minute chats are most popular, although 20 and 40 minute chats also work well.
- Please request your live chats before the event starts so we can do our best to fit them in.
- If you request live chats once the event has started we will try to fit them in, but cannot promise anything. Please give at least 48 hours notice, but the earlier the better.
- Choose your desired start and finish time, date, zone, school and class.
Please make your booking in East Coast Time (Australian Eastern Standard Time) – our UK partners don’t know how to deal with different time-zones!
Bookings can be made in the booking module found in the right hand column of this page.